Established in 1992 by Franz-L. Keck, Keckwear was appointed sourcing agent for leading mail-order company Quelle Versand AG Germany for all sourcing of clothing and textiles from Southern Africa. Furthermore different garment manufacturers mainly from Zimbabwe were producing workwear and casual wear assisted by Keckwear to different customers in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Since then Keckwear is consulting to European customers as well as Zimbabwean manufacturers on aspects of marketing, product development, social responsibility and logistics. Keckwear is also strongly involved to assist Zimbabwe textile mills to work closely with the garment manufacturers.
Mission and Values
Keckwears’ mission is to build a bridge between customers in Europe, mainly Germany, Austria & Switzerland and Zimbabwe in the field of textiles and clothing and to:
- increase quality standards
- create cultural understanding
- create awareness in the field of corporate social responsibility
- Brands and upmarket manufacturers/suppliers of safari, golf and service-wear with a global sourcing approach
- Textile and clothing manufacturers with a positive approach sharing the above values